Win free stuff just by searching the web! SO EASY!

Search & Win

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Officially a SOCCER mom

First off I just want to give a little update on how Tyler's primary talk went on Sun.

I was so nervous for him when it was time for him to go up to the microphone! He had practiced several times on Sat.-and in the car on the way to church Sun morning!-and knew every word by heart, but you never know with little ones how it's going to go once they stand in front of a room full of people. But he did SO great! He wasn't shy or nervous or scared. He spoke slowly and clearly and calmly RIGHT into the microphone-ha ha. I only had to remind him of a few words here and there, and actually since I was so nervous I forgot to have him turn one of his pictures around and say what he was supposed to say, so after the talk he reminded me of that! Usually our primary is pretty loud during opening exercises (we have primary first so I think the kids are a little rowdy when they're first coming in), but as soon as Tyler started talking you could have heard a pin drop. Everyone was listening to his sweet little voice sharing his testimony of the Savior and I was so touched by his genuine love for Jesus. I love primary and am so thankful for the example of little children!

Yes it's true. Minus the mini-van part, I am officially a soccer mom! Tyler stared playing indoor co-ed soccer on Tues. night and it was a comical night to say the least.


They first met with the other members of the "brown" team (Tyler 2nd boy farthest to the left)


Next, they started out with some light stretching (he's next to the girl in orange who's all up in his grill)


Huddled up for a quick team pow-wow


Were reminded which way they were supposed to kick the ball to get it in their goal and not the other teams (that's right buddy point it out for them)


And Tyler was off to kick the ball to the other team to start off the game.


After that there was a lot of:
-"running" (aka skipping) behind the group of kids chasing down the ball.
-Standing in the middle of the court counting the number of light fixtures lighting up the gym. Seriously. We yelled, "Tyler, what are you doing? Chase the ball!" To which he angrily yells back, "I'm counting the lights!"
-an occasional pick of the nose as he watched the ball zoom right past him
-a fall down and then being trampled by 2 kids (totally didn't care though, just got right back up and "ran" behind them
-a lot of waving and smiling to me from across the gym anytime he would catch a glimpse of me
-Coach Chris finding him and bringing him back into the line for his team. (after a goal is made, the whistle is blown and each team is to return to their line in the middle of the court to start again)

And 45 min. later it was over. They then got snacks, which tyler actually RAN to, butted his way to the front of the line and grabbed a granola bar out of the box before the team mom could even hand it to him. Where the heck was that aggrestion on the field?! Are you kidding me.

His response to my question of, "Tyler, did you have fun?! Do you like soccer?" was..."I touched down all the way to my toes AND I got a snack." Super. I'll take that as a yes.

8 comments:

cnelson said...

Can't wait to see this boy! Cute post! I'm still smiling...picturing it all!

Callie said...

Hilarious! I'm so glad he enjoyed the warm up and treats... the actual soccer? Who really bothers with that anyway?

Rebekah said...

Uncle Nathan would be really proud, tell Tyler that Uncle Nathan's favorite sport is soccer. I can't believe how much this little guy is growing up! Give him our love.

Maranda said...

This is so awesome, I love it! I'm so excited to get to do this stuff someday. Tyler is the man!

the McLaughlin's said...

My kids are doing soccer at the rec center too! What time does he play? Kate is on the light blue team and plays tues and thurs from 6:15-7. We might see you there tonight!

alena rose said...

Hahaha. Oh man. He cracks me up

Alisa and Sky said...

Ha ha love it! It makes me excited to see what Nate will be like at the end of the year!

Mindy said...

Oh I can't wait to come to a game!


Google