Win free stuff just by searching the web! SO EASY!

Search & Win

Monday, August 1, 2011

Summertime

I can NOT believe it's already August! I remember walking outside one day at the beginning of May and being ELATED that it was finally warm enough to go outside without a coat, and now I feel like coat weather is right around the corner for us again-ugh!

Stores are stocked with sharpened pencils and notebooks, and aisles are lined with everything the freshman college student needs to survive their first year away from home. I miss all the sand toys, the beach towels, the water guns and sunscreen being the first thing I see when I walk into any retail joint. Just another harsh reminder that days like these are almost just a memory of 2011....








When we haven't been outside soaking in every ray the sun puts out, we've been....
Playing with this Monster Lab kit I won on a blog giveaway(retail value $19.99)!


It gives you everything you need to create a 'monster lab'. First you color all the different monster pieces...


Then you put them in the oven and they shrink down-this was definitely their favorite part!


Then you use the different knick-knacks they give you to put it all together how ever you want.


They were pretty proud of themselves and we had to leave it on display on the kitchen table for a week! ha ha!


One weekend in July we traveled down to Springville to stay the night with the Elletts. Ky missed her best friend!!!






This last week we had a special visit from Grandma and Amanda! There will be a separate post on this later, but here's a fun photo collage my mom put together!!


One of our favorite things to do is go to the Library! Tyler HAD to show Grandma and Amanda how great he is at playing 'the skeleton game' on the computer






Summertime is tan lined bodies, popsicle stained chins, consistently dirty bare feet, flip flops, little bodies sticky from bugspray and smelling like sunscreen. Cups full of ice cold lemonade and driveways filled with sidewalk chalk stick figures. Tired eyes at the end of a busy, outdoor, run till you can't breathe filled day and then falling exhausted into bed with an 'I love you mom', barely audible, coming out of their tiny, kissable lips . I think I know what the next 30 days will be like at our house. Summertime.

3 comments:

Mindy said...

I feel the same way. I feel like summer has slipped by.

cnelson said...

So CUTE and FUN!!! I LOOOOVE summer and I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE being with you all! I miss those little ones so much already I can't stand it!

Alisa and Sky said...

Thats why you need to move to saint george so you can have a little longer summertime :) What a fun little monster lab kit! Enjoy your next 30 days to the fullest...sounds like it will be lots of fun!!


Google