Win free stuff just by searching the web! SO EASY!

Search & Win

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Roses are Red, Violets are Blue, we hope your Valentines day was fantastic too!

Tyler noticed right away when he woke up that, "Someone made a mess ALL over our table!" I showed him that they were rose petals and explained to him that Cupid must have have left them for us and put out the presents that Grandma had sent (Pez candy and Valentine plates!) so they could see them right when they woke up! He just thought it was weird that someone would tear up a flower, but Kylee loved it and kept throwing them in the air and laughing.


They ate their pez while they waited for our pancakes to cook (Grandma told them they could;) ). Tyler kept saying all day, "I can't BELIEVE Cupid made our milk and pancakes PINK!"


This year I wanted to do something fun for our neighbors for Valentines day, but I figured people would have enough treats floating around their house so when I found this idea I knew it'd be perfect! You can find the tutorial HERE.

LOVE JUICE!




That afternoon when Daddy came home from school he brought Kylee a rose and asked her to be his Valentine.


Of course she said yes!


I was only a little jealous until this little guy handed me a bouquet of flowers.


I know there won't be too many more years he'll ask me to be his Valentine so I'll take all I can get!






I said, "group hug" and this is what happened...Tyler smelled the flowers and Kylee gave me a kiss.


Then I asked them to stand next to each other for a picture and Tyler said, "c'mon Kylee let's stand like this!"


Then they were singing, "Happy Valentines day to YOU!" (and if you can't tell here Kylee is dying laughing!)


And then to Bobby...


Love these two goobs!




She really was happy but this is her "cool" face. Notice the hands in her sweater pocket-that's how you know she's trying to be "cool" cause that's what Tyler will do.


This is either an attempt at a high 5 or they're trying to hit each other. Tyler's smiling so it's anybody's guess.


That night we made heart shaped pizza's and Calzones.












All ready for the oven!


Then the craziest thing happened! While Bobby and I were cleaning the kitchen we saw Cupid in our living room! We ran back to the kids room to tell them to come quick but by the time they ran out he was already gone!:( BUT he did leave them this little heart with a note on the couch.

The note said...
Clue #1: Today is about LOVE & family & friends and giving big kisses and Hugs that don't end. If you want to find the gift from yours truly, go look in the place where you watch Scooby Dooby!

"The COMPUTER!" Tyler screamed!
and they were off to find the next clue. Clue #2:
Nope it's not here sorry that was tricky, but don't give up yet that'd be too picky! I'll give you another clue & try not to be mean, go look in the place where you wash your body clean.


Clue #3:
Yay you found me you're off to a great start, keep going like this and you might steal my HEART! The next clue is hiding in a place that is cold, where you put milk & cheese so it doesn't grow mold. :(


I knew Tyler would love this, but I couldn't believe how much Kylee got into it! She was laughing so much and was so excited that everything that came out of her mouth was a high-pitched squeak!


Clue #4:
Now you've got the hang of it look at you go, keep up your pace don't get too slow. You'll find you next clue playing in Cinderella's house, but you better beware of her little grey mouse!


Clue #5:
The more that you know the closer you get to claiming your prize, are you ready...get set! Your next clue is waiting alone in the dark, in the place you get mail, right next to the park.


By now Kylee understood that you read the clue and then you run as fast as you can to the next place so here tyler was trying to figure out the clue and Kylee was taking off running saying, "hurry Tyler come on!!!"


Clue #6:
You're almost done now just a couple more clues, keep doing what you're doing you just can't lose! This clue you'll find where Tyler sleeps at night, when mom tucks him in under blankets just right.


Clue #7:
CUPID'S my name, LOVE is my game, if you've had fun you have ME to blame! The gift you've been seeking is awaiting your peeking at the place where we go if we want to be eating!


They ran to the kitchen table and found their sweet Valentine treats from Cupid. Powdered donuts and strawberry milk for Tyler (his fav) and chocolate milk for Kylee (her fav). I love that tyler's cheeks are all red and his hair's all sweaty from running around. Here he was yelling, "DONTUS!" (this is their favorite treat right now)


She was thrilled that she had a prize!!!






Thumbs up Cupid!


If you can't see she has a donut in each hand and is drinking her choc milk.


After their treat they played with these plastic hearts cupid left for them as well for almost 30 min! We found that they're almost as much fun as hitting each other with pillows!


As we were cleaning up in the kitchen we heard Tyler say, "This was the BEST balentines ever!" Hope yours was too!!

6 comments:

cnelson said...

sooooooo cute!!! soooooo fun!!!

Rebekah said...

You are too cute Angela! I love all the fun holiday stuff you do! Maybe next year I might start doing fun stuff like that with Emma!

alena rose said...

You are so creative! So cute and fun!

Alisa and Sky said...

So cute! I love the blow up hearts you found! Its so funny tyler thought it was weird that cupid had torn up the hearts! Nate LOVES scavenger hunts too!! He was looking at this post with me and he said "they going on a heart treasure hunt!!" because we always call them treasure hunts ha ha. Good job on making it the best balentines ever!!

Michelle C said...

I cannot even tell you how incredible you are!!! Love the water bottles, the pizza hearts, the CLUES for the Valentines! I love it!! Incredible! We always had clues to find easter baskets growing up and we LOVED it. So I've been doing that with Nathan. I will need to do that for valentine's too. Such great ideas.

Matt and Haley said...

So clever and fun!


Google