Win free stuff just by searching the web! SO EASY!

Search & Win

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Tyler's first 4 wheeling trip

So yesterday while I was driving around Tyler fell asleep in the back in his car seat, so rather than going straight home I decided to drive around for awhile so that he could get a good 30 min. nap. I was driving around in some backwoodsy neighboorhoods just looking at the houses when I came upon a road that was barracaded and a sign that said "Road closed". Well only one side of the road was blocked and the other side looked fine from where I was in the car so I proceeded to drive down the road (HELLO!). About 30 sec. down the road I saw a puddle of water that was pretty wide, but didn't look deep and decided that it wouldn't be that big of deal to drive through it. And of course it was not a puddle of water it was a huge hole in the middle of the road! And that's not even the bad part!!! I heard Tyler sort of whimpering in the back but he wasn't crying so I figured I had just woken him up and he'd fall back asleep once I started driving again. So after I manuevered the car our of the hole I drove back home (about 15 min.) and when I got out of the car to get him I look in the backseat and to my horror see the carseat-base and all-completley toppled over on its side. (Earlier that day I had moved the base from one side of the car to the other and hadn't buckled it back in correctly) The carseat base was still buckled but the belt was loose enough that when I hit the bump, the whole thing toppled over. I was absolutely horrified and when I looked at Tyler he just looked up at me with a little grin on his face. I can't believe I had driven the whole way home without even looking back at him to make sure he was okay and he had driven that whole way without crying!!! It's a good thing that he won't remember the first few years of his life! Someday I will get this mother thing down!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my gracious, Angela!!!! Don't worry, it's a tired mother thing - I've forgotten to strap Jackson in before and gotten half way down the road before I realized it. Thank goodness we don't get pulled over at times like these!!!

beckie said...

I think that is awesome. Way to go Angela. At least he enjoyed the rise. Welcome to blogging, I'm here too. CHeck me out.


Google