Win free stuff just by searching the web! SO EASY!

Search & Win

Thursday, February 2, 2012

January 2012

I've already blogged about some of the bigger things that have happened this month, but here are some of the other things we've done throughout Jan...

Actually, first, I found quite a few pictures on my phone from December that never got posted so here's a little more re-cap from December! :)

Kylee and I needed to do some Christmas shopping and since Tyler DESPISES shopping (like literally goes into seizures when we pull up to any store) I always have to get my shopping done while he's at pre-school. We were at the mall and Kylee needed a little break to play with some of the toys.


Kylee's dance class did a small dance performance for a retirement home in our area for Christmas. She did SO great-even though her wand broke halfway through their routine! ha ha!




They weren't quite all on the same page during the dance but it was so stinkin' cute and those little old grandmas just ate them up!


Kylee's dance teacher Mrs. Ruth and all her students.


One night when Bobby and I were out doing some Christmas shopping for the kids we stopped at our favorite Chinese Restaurant for dinner. They made the coolest things out of vegetables on our plates!!


Things like this just make me ridiculously happy!!! I'm pretty easy to please I guess :)


One of my most FAVORITE projects that I made last year were some Christmas aprons for the kids. I had NO idea what I was doing, didn't use a tutorial or a pattern, or find them online anywhere and I just loved how they turned out. I didn't ever have time to post them here or on my craft blog, so I'll guess you'll just have to wait till this Christmas to see the front of them, but for now here's a little sneak peak :).


In Jan. our time for church changed from 9:00 am to 1:30 pm. Each time has it's pluses and minuses, but we are loving sleeping in, making fun yummy breakfast's, taking our time getting ready and relaxing. The kids love getting some reading time in with their daddy!


On Saturday Jan. 21st Bobby and I headed down to Salt Lake for the day to go see Brian Regan LIVE! It was one of the Christmas presents I gave to Bobby, and we can both honestly say it was the BEST weekend we've had since we went to Vegas for our 5th Anniversary almost 3 years ago (and even quite possibly better than that)!!


The weekend before this was Kylee's birthday and Mindy, Macey and Royce had come up from Springville to celebrate with us. I had offered to keep Macey for the whole following week after Ky's party so Mindy and Royce could have some time together and get some things done around their house. Since we would be coming down the next Sat. to this concert we decided to meet up in Salt Lake where they would pick up Macey and take our kids for the day, and we would drive down to Springville to pick them up later that night.

Mindy, however, knows me too well and knew I was in need of a little weekend alone time with my hubby and hi-jacked our kids for the night and told us they would bring them back up to Logan Sunday night. It really just made the whole weekend PERFECT!!

First on Saturday we stopped at The Red Iguana in Salt Lake for some lunch after reading some reviews online and OH. MY. GOSH. if you are ever in Salt Lake you HAVE to go to this place! It's a total hole in the wall kinda place and after seeing it, we actually drove away because it looked so trashy from the outside and is in a not so good part of town, but we got brave and decided What the heck?!
AhMAZing!
Bobby got the Enchiladas...


...and I wasn't super hungry so I got an appetizer of Super Nachos. Big mistake. Delish.


Then we headed over to The Gateway-an outdoor mall (never mind that it was snowing like CRAZY!!) to do some 'window' shopping which turned into actual shopping when we saw the Going Out of Business-everything 80% OFF sign on Payless's windows. $130 dollars worth of stuff for $27. Score!

The show started at 3:00 so we got to Abravanel hall at about 2:00. We took this picture about 30 min. before the show started and by 3:00 EVERY seat was full. Totally sold out show!


And yes we were in the very last row...that's the wall behind us. :)


If you haven't heard of Brian Regan, he is a comedian that is HI-Larious! Seriously, look him up on YouTube and watch some of his clips, you will LOVE LOVE LOVE him! He is clean and doesn't swear at all, so I love that you don't have to ever worry you'll hear something offense. It was 2 hours of pure laughing!! His last joke of the show, we were literally-both of us-laughing so hard we were full on crying, couldn't breathe, stomach cramping kind of laughing. I'm almost 100% positive I haven't laughed that hard since high school. I'm a true believer that laughter is SO good for the soul!!

After the show we went back over to the gateway to check out some more stores we didn't have time to hit before the show, and even though Aldo didn't have the boots I've been looking everywhere for in my size :(, we did score some good deals at Old Navy so yay!

After that we decided to head back to Logan because it was snowing pretty good and we have to drive through a canyon to get home-which gets hit really bad during snow storms-so even though it took us about 30 min. longer to get home than normal, we still made it home in time to see a 9:00 showing of Mission Impossible and I LOVED it!! We hadn't eaten since lunch so we were pretty hungry when we got out of the movie so we had to hit up a little late night Taco Bell!

I forget how FUN it is to be able to just go and do things whenever, and wherever, and as late as we want to do them! I love my two little munchkins to death, but every once in a blue moon it's nice to just be Angela instead of mommy.

Since we don't have church till late, and didn't have kids pulling us out of the bed to make them breakfast, we got to sleep in on Sunday and just enjoy a quiet morning together. Not to mention a quiet sacrament meeting! :) And by 5:30 I was beyond giddy to see Tyler and Kylee again! It's amazing how much just 24 hours without them makes me miss them like CRAZY!!!!!

Such a great, memorable weekend! Thank you Elletts for helping us out!

And just a random couple of pictures from my phone to round out this post...

THIS is totally my ky. princess dress, 'pearls', purse and SNEAKERS. She can keep up with the boys, but can be a lady when she needs to be!


We had playgroup at my house this week and one of the neighbor girls wanted to stay and play after it was over so her and Tyler and Kylee decided to have a "picnic" at the "beach"...

...including, snowman sunglasses, mickey mouse ears, princes dresses, sunglasses, princess heels, a Christmas blanket, hairbows and more! Oh I just LOOOOOVE their imaginations! ha ha!

4 comments:

The Johnson Family said...

That sounds like such a fun weekend! I LOVE Brian Reagan!! I've also heard good things about the red iguana now we'll have to try it on our next date night! Next time your down this way call me!

cnelson said...

This post just makes me SMILE!!

Alisa and Sky said...

I would love to see Brian Reagan live! How fun for you guys! Glad y'all were able to go and have some fun! All these pictures turned out so cute! Cant wait to see the front of the aprons! They look darling!

Maranda said...

I love everything about this post. You and your family are the cutest. Also I am totally jealous of your day alone. That sounds so awesome! Also I love how you are so real in your posts. I appreciate your honesty and knowing that I'm not alone in my thoughts. Anyway, keep em coming!


Google