Win free stuff just by searching the web! SO EASY!

Search & Win

Friday, November 19, 2010

Happy Birthday Bobby Bricker!

"One year older and wiser too, Happy Birthday to you!"

As the primary children sang that line of the primary version 'Happy Birthday' song to Bobby the Sunday before his birthday I couldn't help but laugh out loud. Oh so wise, so very very wise is my Bobby! If you have a question, Bobby has the answer. About anything. And if he doesn't know the answer he will make something up that sounds so good, and convince you that he is right, that you wonder how in the world you could be so dumb as to not think of it first. He is a GREAT BSer (thats Bull Shooter in case you were wondering) and can in no doubt talk his way into-or out-of anything! I love him so much I can't even stand it.

This year for his bday I got us tickets to see BJ Novak (Ryan, the temp, from The Office) at the Kent Concert Hall on USU campus. The show was about a week before his birthday and was AWESOME! We had great seats since I got the tickets as soon as I heard the advertising for it. If I had remembered to bring my camera (hello?!) you would have seen the sweat on his face from our 2nd row seat! He is much shorter and stalkier than he looks on TV (I always thought he was tallish and skinny) and I don't know if it was our angle, or the lights, or the lack of glasses, but he looked much older to both of us than he does in the show.

It was an 1 1/2 hour stand-up comedy followed by a 1/2 hour of audience questions. He said a couple times throughout his show that the student union asked him to give a "clean" show so he censored and he really was SO funny! During the Q&A at the end he was really friendly, personable (giving hugs, taking pictures, signing autographs) and an easy-going guy. It's not very often that Bobby and I get to get out and be just...Bobby and Angela. It was nice.

On his actual birthday Bobby was SO sick-thanks to a cold I've been carrying around for a couple weeks- so we wanted to do a little something to cheer him up. Kylee and I picked out some balloons and tied them to the pillar outside our house and then Tyler and I made him a birthday poster that we hung in the window. (I LOVE to embarrass him!) Then I picked him up from school and we went to lunch and a movie-thanks to some birthday money! We picked up the kids, came home, opened a few presents from the kids and had the Elletts over for cake and ice cream.

We went to see RED and nobody was sitting in front of us...


and nobody sat behind us...


We were THE ONLY people in the theater. Apparently a Tues. afternoon is the best time to go. (NOT matching on purpose-Bobby would want you to know)


Kylee giving Daddy her gift


Bobby was apparently really stoked about getting beef jerky, gum and chapstick!


Tyler is LOVING birthdays-anyone's birthday. So this year I gave him $10 and let him pick out his own present for dad. He told me he wanted to buy him a gun.


This was the only one in his price range. They played with it all night and only managed to lose one dart.


Birthday hugs!








He wanted Red Velvet cake with cream cheese frosting. We were running super late on time ('cause I'm a procrastinator) so it turned into cupcakes with sparkler candles. Tyler loved them, Kylee just kept saying, "Fire! Fire! Fire!" (like in a worried way, not in a weird pyro way).


Singing to dad


Mace and Ky really enjoyed their cake! (Tyler only licked off the frosting)




The picture of him above is deceiving. He looks happy, but was pretty sick so he didn't even try to say No when I offered to put the kids to bed bymyself so he could go to bed too. By 7:30 he was OUT, but woke up feeling lots better the next day. Happy Birthday to the greatest guy I know!

2 comments:

cnelson said...

So sorry Bobby was sick on his bday...but it looked pretty fun anyway. We LOVE YOU Bobby!

Rebekah said...

I'm so sorry that Bobby was sick, but it sounded like he had a great time! Bobby has always been able to convince anyone of anything, it is his super power. The cupcakes look yummy. I could see Kylee saying "fire fire" in a pyro way, she is Bobby's daughter... but maybe that's also why she is a little worried about fire around her dad.


Google